AMBLYOPIA IN ADULTS

I have lazy eye from age of 6 years and unfortunately ignored resulted squint which has been operated at age of 26 but still i do not have proper vision in that eye,is there in any solution for that because my earlier dr had said that this is permanent and cannot be treated with patching, If any one can help on this

Doctor Answers (2) on AMBLYOPIA IN ADULTS

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello dear...as beautifully explained by my colleagues that only squint can be corrected at this age...Regarding lazy eye or amblyopia reported literature says that treatment for amblyopia by patching therapy works good upto 17yrs of age...for adults there is no treatment...Having said that i want to say that new studies have shown that binocular vision therapy (playing special video games specially designed for adults with amblyopia easily available on google playstore) can help in vision improvement in adults with amblyopia like u....so dont loose hope..smile...now there is hope
Dr. Ravi Thadani Delhi | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
As Sir, it is truly said by your doctor that vision loss due to amblyopia cannot be restored in adults, that is why it should not be ignored in young children, as they can be treated aggressively for this with very good results. However, in adults squinting of eye can be corrected by surgery by occuloplastic surgeon for cosmetic purposes. This makes the eye in alignment with normal eye but does not restore or improve your vision.