Amblyopia (left eye}

My left eye is too weak than right eye. Dr said that it's amblyopia... Is there any treatment for this disease ... Kindly suggest me

Doctor Answers (4) on Amblyopia (left eye}

Dr. Harjeet Singh Kolkata | Ophthalmologist
How old are You?. Amblyopic can only be corrected before 9 yrs of age by occlusion therapy. There is no treatment after that age. Some help may come till even early teens where this treatment may still be tried with proper correction of glasses.
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
hello i am sorry but at this age there is no treatment
Dr. Arjun Kumar Singh Patna | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Definition of amblyopia is diminition of vision without any ocular pathology, so get refraction done, if it doesn't improve with eyeglasses it is case of amblyopia , if it improves with eyeglasses, there is no amblyopia. After 10yrs old,there's no treatment for amblyopia.
Dr. Hetalkumar Yagnik Surat | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
In amblyopia first question is what is reason for amblyopia? And how is Retina and macular fixation.amblyopia can be reversed nearly up to the age of 12.after that response is variable. Patching and exercise is one of the treatment modality.consult your ophthalmologist and ask for 4 hours patch in normal eye with active exercise for amblyopia on trial basis for 6 months.