Always Tired or Sleepy
I am always tired or sleepy. This started a year ago. To cope up, I would sleep for 11-12 hours a day. But that was when I was in college. Now that I have started work, it's becoming extremely difficult to manage and I force myself to drink coffee to stay awake. I have also been suffering from too much hairfall and pimples since the past 1.5 years. The worst part is I realised that something is not right around 2 months ago. I thought maybe this is because of my not so healthy lifestyle. So I started exercising, half an hour every day. I also skipped junk food. I rarely eat outside. But the problems still persist. I read some articles on the internet and I feel I may have hypothyroidism. My neck swells rarely, but I feel it's because of tonsils/cough. I weigh 48kgs with 155 cm. I gained around 2-2.5kgs since last year. Please help. Thank you.

Hello There. I can understand your concern. I would suggest you consult a MD consultant physician in person and you will need to get a few tests done to come to a proper diagnosis, you might be having thyroid imbalances and some nutritional deficiencies. do not delay further. consult a endocrinologist ASAP. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain. Balaji clinic, Bangalore.
Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti
General Physician 5 yrs exp Hyderabad

As you suspect,there is high possibility of hypothyroidism..check your thyroid profile. But also check for anaemia.. If nothing is picked up,undergo a sleep study.. Incomplete or interrupted sleep at night may cause day time sleepiness..which may be due to OSA(Obstructive sleep apnoea)
Dr. Ameet Thakkar
General Physician 29 yrs exp Mumbai

You need to do the following blood tests: CBC ESR, FBS, PLBS, BUN, Creatinine, SGPT, SGOT, Thyroid profile, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3, Chest X ray, & Sonography (Abdomen & Pelvis). Consult a physician with these reports for appropriate treatments. If your menstrual cycle is irregular then you need to consult a gynecologist as well.