Alopecia hair loss

Hello , my mother had alopecia a year ago Now she is left with a small patch of hair loss in her head Should she take any medicne or follow any remedy Any chance for the hair to regrow again on that patch ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Alopecia hair loss

Hi. Greetings. In women, Anaemia, hormonal issues, environmental factors , pollution, stress, junk food and poor diet could cause you to lose hair. After adequate evaluation by dermatologist, You'll probably need treatment with hair care lotions or serums - something that has vasodilator properties and improves thickness of hair and reduces hair loss. Have a good balanced nutritious diet. Single patch of alopecia may be due to alopecia areata. See a dermatologist near you to get evaluated if you have any other scalp problem. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance in this regard. Warm regards.