Alopecia areata
I have been dealing with alopecia areata from last six months. hair lossed in 1 big, 2 medium, 3 small patches. i have consulted a dermatologist and she gave triamcinolone injections.almost half of the hair in the big patch came but new small patches appearing every month. i have stomach inflammation last 5-6 month. My dermatologist didn't recommended any tests.i worry any underlying disease is causing my hair loss. what are the tests need to be performed to cure that?
92 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

Hi. Greetings. No tests can be performed to cure your condition. Your stomach inflammation seems to be unclear ?! Reply in detail on private follow up chat. if anything you may get a stool routine test, vitamin b 12 levels and thyroid tests. Alopecia areata can be recurrent. If u are getting many new patched you may need oral medication. See a dermatologist near you as they'll be the best judges of what to do next. Or send in pics with detailed history. Dr Govind Suresh Mittal, Bangalore
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.