Allergy all over body

From last 2 months I had irritation on my skin all over my body all the time . When I scratch it makes red & that portion become warm . From last 3 weeks I am taking xevor 5 mg but seems like no improvement. Though now a days i dnt have itching any more but the red scratch problem still exists . What kind of allergy is it ? Is there any blood test that I need to do immediately? I never have any allergy history .

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Hives are irritating and difficult to live with. Chronic urticaria is the medical terminology and this condition needs proper assessment. The triggers should be identified. Based on your description, it appears that you have intermittent variable of chronic urticaria. These conditions have strong relation to one's internal health and it needs to be evaluated as often quoted - Skin is the mirror of internal health. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation which probably will include a non-sedative antihistamine and some other medications based on blood chemistry. A common mistake is to take antihistamines as when and needed while it should be taken for a reasonably long time frame in urticaria whether you develop hives or not. After a certain period, it is advisable to wean the treatment. Few advance treatment options also exist which requires once a month treatment. Hope it helps.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Avoid Self Medications.