Allergic rhinitis
I have done allergy panel test recently and found I am allergy to house dust, cockroch, dermatophagoids pteronyssinus, dermatophagoids farinae. My ENT doctor prescribes me zentel 400,hetrazan 100 and some anti allergic medicine . I am wondering why he adviced me to take these medicine?

Dr. Vinay S Bhat
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore

Though I cant explain the actual logic behind this prescription I think he is treating you for high eosinophil count which can occur secondary to parasitic infection. For allergic rhinitis treatment would be antihistamine tablets and steroid nasal sprays. If your allergy is very severe then you can go for immunotherapy