Allergic rhinitis
I have done allergy panel test recently and found I am allergy to house dust, cockroch, dermatophagoids pteronyssinus, dermatophagoids farinae. My ENT doctor prescribes me zentel 400,hetrazan 100 and some anti allergic medicine . I am wondering why he adviced me to take these medicine?
583 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Vinay S Bhat
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 8 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹250 for 24 hrs

Though I cant explain the actual logic behind this prescription I think he is treating you for high eosinophil count which can occur secondary to parasitic infection. For allergic rhinitis treatment would be antihistamine tablets and steroid nasal sprays. If your allergy is very severe then you can go for immunotherapy
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
0/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.