Alcohol and smoking

My brother is becoming an alcohol addict he daily needs to get drunk at night and behaves badly with the family . Is there any therapy or doctor to consult who can provide medication to stop addiction without him knowing that he is being treated , i mean medication that can be added to milk etc ? Plz help

Doctor Answers (3) on Alcohol and smoking

Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti Hyderabad | General Physician
Consult a deaddiction center. Medicines+counselling+techniques to avoid furthur impulse of drinking all should be done simultaneously. Psyciatrist is right person for deaddiction medications.
Dr. Aastha Midha Likhyani Mohali | General Physician
no medication like this required need councellling first of ur brother so meet a councellor .
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
First and foremost you must understand quiting alcohol is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to quit....and medications can't be prescribed just like that...de addition is a multi step procedure... you need to undergo counselling sessions to get motivated later on medications can be started... I would suggest you to consult nearest deaddiction center they will do the needful.