Addiction/Laziness/Stress

I'm not sure whether such is a problem. But i'm unable to control my mind. I'm addicted to a lot of bad stuff and I understand those are bad for me, but i can't get over them. I've a lot of stuff to do and finish and accomplish but i can't concentrate. My mind deviates a lot. I get angry over myself but then again indulge in such activities. If i don't work hard, I'll repent a lot later. I'm getting fatter day by day, but despite knowing the benefits, I don't exercise. Procrastination has now become conditioned in my mind. Confused, stressed is how my day begins and ends, because i'm unable to achieve my daily goals and hence indulge in activities to destress my self. I might require some medical attention.

Doctor Answers (3) on Addiction/Laziness/Stress

Jankhana Hakani Mumbai | Psychiatrist
kindly consult a psychiatrist for your addictions. the earlier the better.
Dr. Sathya Prakash Delhi | Psychiatrist
This may be an early sign of depression. kindly consult a psychiatrist at the earliest for a detailed evaluation. If it turns out that no intervention is needed, great, but no harm in getting evaluated and clarifying. Please get a complete hemogram and TSH level if not already done.
Vinaya Prabha Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, It must be frustrating to know what is right, what you need to do, but are unable to focus and achieve your goals. At your age, there will be a lot of distractions. Ask yourself what is it that the "bad" things give you? Do they give you a feeling of excitement, of being in charge, of raising your confidence etc. Once you know what is your payoff in indulging in the bad things check to see if other good activities can satisfy you. Distract yourself from the bad activities by focusing on healthy activities. You may have to consciously do this a few times before it becomes a habit. From what you say, it looks like you are not getting enough exercise. You need to focus on physical activity. Gymming, running, playing cricket etc are activities which will not only keep you in good physical shape but also be a good distraction from your bad activities. Best wishes