cardiologist-icon

Acute LVF, LVEF 25%

My mother had a heart attack and her LVEF is 25%. I am attaching doctors prescription and the Nt-proBNP test result. She has diabetes. To control blood sugar we have been advised to take tablet (Zoryl) twice morning/night. We will get a sugar test done in next few days to measure the results. But Sir, her NT-ProBNP levels are high .. so do she need to take separate medicine to bring the level down ? Is there any serious threat because of high NT-ProBNP level ? Please can you give some advise.

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
General Physician 5 yrs exp Ambedkar Nagar

Your cardiac medications need to be optimized Also sugars are very high That also needs to be addressed Don't worry a lot about NT Pro BNP it should be co related clinically Has she undergone CAG Please consult at my Clinic with all the reports so that I can examine the patient and guide you further Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician & Clinical Cardiologist
Dr. Harshal Lahoti
Cardiologist 5 yrs exp Navi Mumbai

NT pro BNP levels tell us that the heart that is weak, is under a load to pump blood. It has no great predictive value with respect to overall outcome. As load on heart comes down, say with use of diuretics (medicine that increases urine formation), NT pro BNP will come down automatically. The heart attack that has weakened the heart remains the concern primarily.