Acne vulgaris

I have pcod due to which i get frequent acne on face and back. I have applied for chemical peeling, 4sittings are done.. ! Still my back is full of acne pigmentation.. what else i can do to get rid off these acne scars.. i feel depressed. Cant wear backless 😐

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne vulgaris

Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequelae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. An attempt to find out the root cause of acne should be made in every patient or else it keeps recurring. Each phase takes a couple of weeks before we move to the next phase of treatment. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. Acne scar and pores can be treated with subcisions, dermaroller, fractional CO2 lasers, chemical peels and likewise. Remember combining treatment modalities help to achieve desired results earlier.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Chemical peels are add-on treatment option and not the core medications. Comorbidities like PCOS should be addressed properly or recurrences will happen.