Acne Treatment

Hello, I have been taking medicine under a doctor who suggested me to take tretiva-20, I have been taking it for 3months. But still I get acne. So doctor suggested me to take hormone test and vitamin test. As the tests were very costly, so thought of taking second opinion. He advised not to take any tests and instead gave me isotroin capsules and faceclin gel. What should I do in this case? Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers (2) on Acne Treatment

Isotroin and tretiva have the same content,i.e isotretinoin, which is a very effective treatment for acne/pimples. So your Dermatologist is giving appropriate medicines. If you are willing for faster results then maybe you should ask for something like a chemical peel. Stick with your Dermatologist and follow his/her treatment to  get results. Any treatment requires a certain amount of time to show effect and acne is no exception.
Dr. Bhavesh Shah Rajkot | Dermatologist
Send photo
Your doctor give you proper treatment stick to it
Go for chemical peel