Acne scars

Hello doctor, This is my 6th month of pregnancy. ..I hv been using hydroquinone cream u.s.p fr 9months to treat acne scars.....one of my frnds family dermatodoctor suggest to use this cream...she recommend for me too..my skin type is oily... And my question is can I continue of using this hydroquinone cream u.s.p...during this time...Please leave ur comments and waiting for ur suggestions

Doctor Answers (4) on Acne scars

Dr. Pinanky Jadhav-Adhe Pune | Dermatologist
Hello, continuous use of hydroquinone can result in permanent darkening of the skin called as ochronosis. Stop it before its too late.
Dr. Vijay Adhe Pune | Dermatologist
Hello Hydroquinone cream is in no way going to help acne scars. This drug is used mainly for pigmentation and if used for prolonged time has its own side effects. Better to avoid in pregnancy if pigmentation is not causing much discomfort to you.
Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Dermatologist
Was the friend who suggested you the cream a doctor? I believe she is not a doctor. Hydroquinone is avoided in pregnancy and in children under 12 years. Its safety is not guaranteed in this time period. Kindly stop. And do not use creams because someone advised you. These are medicated creams that only a doctor should prescribe. Because your friend benefited doesn't mean you will.
Dr. Phanindra V V Bangalore | Dermatologist
As long as its proven safe forvuse in pregnancy, u can use it. Else u can use coco butter.