Acne Related.

Hi there, I booked an appointment for microdermabrasion ( for acne ) after 4 months from now so till then can i use MSM cream for my indented scars just to improve the situation. Will it be okay if i go for MSM cream? Thank You.

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne Related.

Skin care needs to be customized based on the presenting complaints. There are different ways to achieve a flawless skin after acne and it needs medical interventions and commitment on part of the patient. Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequelae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. An attempt to find out the root cause of acne should be made in every patient or else it keeps recurring. Each phase takes a couple of weeks before we move to the next phase of treatment. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. Acne scar and pores can be treated with subcisions, dermaroller, fractional CO2 lasers, chemical peels and likewise. Remember combining treatment modalities help to achieve desired results earlier.
You can use the cream till the day of procedure.
Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.