Acne problem

I have acne problem since 2 years. I get frequent breakouts on my face leaving marks. I can't get to the root of the problem. I follow a healthy lifestyle. I go to the gym(since 2012) regularly. Avoid junk , fried food. Salads and chicken/lamb are part of my meal everyday. I have fruits , eggs and milk for breakfast.I have minimum 2 litres of water everyday. I went to a dermatologist and did some hormonal tests. The tests did not show any irregularities. I was prescribed skin peeling treatment but I was not ready to go through it because I wanted to know the exact reason for the acne before going for it. Can you please help me how I should proceed for the treatment. Can Ayurveda help in my case? What possibly can be the reason for acne ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne problem

Dr. Pinanky Jadhav-Adhe Pune | Dermatologist
Hello, persistent adult acne is mostly related to hormonal causes. It would have been helpful if you would have mentioned the blood tests done. Pimples come because of blocked pores and increase in sebum ultimately leading to blackheads and infection. Even if the blood tests are normal, sometimes the oil glands of the skin are extra sensitive to the hormones circulating in your body- this is called as 'end organ hypersensitivity'. In this scenario all the tests are normal but still acne lesions keep coming. With treatment you will definitely have a good result but do not stop treatment as soon as you see improvement otherwise the pimples might recur again. You can opt for any pathy depending on your choice however please remember that some maintenance program will be needed for a long to prevent it from recurring. Avoid scratching the acne as it leads to pigmentation. Limit dairy intake. Hope this answers your questions. For any further questions you can contact me through private chat. Warm regards, Dr Pinanky Jadhav Eternis clinic, Pune www.eternisclinic.com