Acne problem

Hello doctor. ... after consulting with my dermatologist he gave deriva cms gel and dewsoft cream..I dont know how to apply that deriva gel....can I spread the gel only on the affected area or I should make a dot of each pimples. .....

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne problem

There are different ways to achieve a flawless skin after acne and it needs medical interventions and commitment on part of the patient. Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequelae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. An attempt to find out the root cause of acne should be made in every patient or else it keeps recurring. Each phase takes a couple of weeks before we move to the next phase of treatment. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. All anti acne treatment are for full face area avoiding sensitive zones like under eye, near to lips. Start gradually with minimal quantity and shorter time intervals , may be for 2 hours at night. Once your skin adapts , you can increase the duration. Some redness and scaling will happen and that is normal but if it is too much discontinue the medication and combat with a moisturizer.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
You can consult me on Practo Direct for personal recommendations.