Acne/Pimple

It started out as a pimple a month ago and now it has grown in size and dark red in color. There is no pain as such. Earlier the puss used to come out but my guess is that it has dried now. I should not have ignored it in the first place Its been a long time now. Can you please suggest some med

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne/Pimple

Thanks for the query. You seem to be having isolated cystic acne and the treatment should be easy. Meet a Dermatologist. In general, acne is a difficult problem to deal with at your age when there are already many issues troubling you. There can be many causes of acne including lifestyle, genetic ,insulin resistance and so on. A comprehensive evaluation will help us identify the cause of the disorder and then it can be treated in a precise manner. ​Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequalae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. Remember combining treatment modalities help to achieve desired results earlier. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation and make a path for the flawless skin you aspire for
Meet a Dermatologist.