Acne on cheeks

Hello. I have got sudden bout of pimples on my face. They are reddish in color and NB usually have whiteheads. I apply lemon honey pack followed by baking soda on my face for home remedies. I am also using cetaphil. But somehow the acne is not stopping. I also take a tablet of vitamin a to z everyday for my vitamin supplements. Please help.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Skin care needs to be customized based on the presenting complaints. There are different ways to achieve a flawless skin after acne and it needs medical interventions. Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequalae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. Acne scar and pores can be treated with subcision, dermaroller, fractional CO2 lasers, chemical peels and likewise. Remember combining treatment modalities help to achieve desired results earlier. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.