Acne marks

Hello I'm 20 years old , I have very few ance marks on my face ( 5 or 6 ) and I want to get rid of them very badly . So I'm planning for a chemical peel because it gives immediate effect. Is it safe to do so ?

Doctor Answers (3) on Acne marks

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Dermatologist
Unfortunately, there is no such thing as immediate effect with any skin treatment and especially acne scars. It all depends on the type of scars that you have. Whether they are box type or rolled out or just open pores. The treatments vary and a chemical peel doesn't always show miraculous effects. Peels are very helpful in rolled out scars and pigmentation. So you need to know your scar type by visiting a dermatologist upon which the dermatologist will guide you appropriately. And I hope that this peel that you intend on doing is by a certified dermatologist.
Dr. C.R.V.Narasimhalu Chennai | Dermatologist/Cosmetologist
It's safe...try epiduo gel along with the following medicine
Yes, chemical peels are very safe as long as you get it done by a qualified person and not randomly at spas or saloons. Since peels contain various ingredients, allow the doctor to choose the right Peel, concentration and duration of the Peel. You'll surely benefit with the results.