ACL Reconstruction..

Hello doctor, My ACL in right knee has torn completely while playing cricket. Doctor has advised me go for ACL reconstruction asap. He says a big amount(nearly 1 lakh 20 thousand rupees) for ACL reconstruction. It is a very big amount for us. We can't afford to it. I'm depressed due to this. The only thing we could do is to blame our destiny. I'm almost like a handicapped. I couldn't run, I couldn't walk properly. Life is almost like a hell to me. Can you please help me? I feel, the cost would be very cheap in medical college hospitals. We planned to go to St.John's medical college hospital for treatment. Is it a right move? Doctor, kindly help me reg. this. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (2) on ACL Reconstruction..

Dr. Arun R Bangalore | Family Physician
Hi, acl reconstruction is usually recommended. You can see an orthopedic surgeon at government hospitals if you are not able to pay the amount at corporate hospitals. If you have insurance or bpl card it will help. You can go to hosmat hospital in BANGALORE it will be cheaper.
Dr. Phanindra V V Bangalore | General Physician
Hi. Medical college hospitals do treat at rebated rates. You can go to st John's, ms ramiah, vydehi, kims or any medical college hospitals. Its a good move, if you want to go back to sports. In case of you not opting for sports in future, u can try Ayurveda treatments at good centres where the doctor knows how to treat such problems.