Acl injury

Hi I have acl broken on my right knee from last 10years. My first doc advised me to take rest and do exercise. Recently I fell again and went to show another doc and he said only acl reconstruction surgery is the permanent solution to it. is there any alternative to surgery?

Doctor Answers (1) on Acl injury

Dr. Nataraj H M Bangalore | Orthopedist
ACL reconstruction is the best solution.. If not u might tear ur meniscus and damage ur cartilage which are irreversible damages.. Nowadays unlike 10years back the surgery is done with small key holes using camera/telescope and you'll be up and about next day of surgery.. Results are almost close to 99%.. U can Consult me or any other good arthroscopic surgeon for the needful. Regards, Dr NATARAJ H M MBBS, MS ortho MCH ortho(USAIM) Fellow Advanced surgeries of shoulder and knee(Italy) Fellow Arthroscopy and sports med(International society of AKOS) Fellow Joint replacement(ISHKS) ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON AND SPORTS MEDICINE SPECIALIST