Acl injury

Hi I have acl broken on my right knee from last 10years. My first doc advised me to take rest and do exercise. Recently I fell again and went to show another doc and he said only acl reconstruction surgery is the permanent solution to it. is there any alternative to surgery?
views-icons 69 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Dr. Nataraj H M
Orthopedist 11 yrs exp Bangalore
ACL reconstruction is the best solution.. If not u might tear ur meniscus and damage ur cartilage which are irreversible damages.. Nowadays unlike 10years back the surgery is done with small key holes using camera/telescope and you'll be up and about next day of surgery.. Results are almost close to 99%.. U can Consult me or any other good arthroscopic surgeon for the needful. Regards, Dr NATARAJ H M MBBS, MS ortho MCH ortho(USAIM) Fellow Advanced surgeries of shoulder and knee(Italy) Fellow Arthroscopy and sports med(International society of AKOS) Fellow Joint replacement(ISHKS) ORTHOPAEDIC SURGEON AND SPORTS MEDICINE SPECIALIST