Acidity due to flunil

Im taking Flunil (td) from last 3 months which causes acidity, for which Dr. gave me pentocid(td) even then Im unable to bare the pain in the foodpipe. Is there anything that can be done to stop my acidity to an extent. As taking pentocid reduces the ability of stomach to produce HCl if taken for long. So plz help in detaill.

Doctor Answers (4) on Acidity due to flunil

Dr. Suleman Virani Nagpur | Psychiatrist
Why flunil only. If that is causing acidity n panto is not helpful then talk to your doctor regarding change of flunil if possible. Regarding acidity, you can contact your physician.
Dr. Santanu Nath Kolkata | Biological Psychiatrist
Since flunil is causing acidity and reflux symptoms (uncontrollable even with pantoprazole) then you might need to change flunil. But here also I would advice you to consult your psychiatrist who will weigh the risk of acidity with the benefit that will happen with flunil...
All the medicines r not suitable for all the people, switch to other medicines of same group now after visiting ur doctor. But if it suits, it is one of the best options.
Dr. Antara Gupta Aligarh | Neuropsychiatrist
Are you taking flunil after food? If yes then  ask your doc to give anti acid medication twice daily before meals. Even then if you have no relief you can ask for change of medication(flunil). Associated anxiety also needs to be addressed.