Absence of periods

I have always had irregular periods . I have not menstruated for over 3 months . I do not take any madication, I have never been involved in any sexual activity. My fear is regarding fertility . Is this normal or abnormal and is this related to extreme hair fall

Doctor Answers (1) on Absence of periods

Thank you for your question.
Your infrequent periods need further assessment since you have other symptoms and your concern about fertility is valid. The assessment is best carried out by a gynaecologist with expertise in fertility and endocrinology. Periods are a reflection of ovarian function which is influenced by several hormones. Your hair loss may be connected to it but not necessarily so.
It is better to get this looked into sooner than leaving it for a long tome. You will find that it is a common problem that your gynaecologist has experience of several cases.
with best wishes