About abortion

Hello Dr, I am recently married currently working Software company in Pune. Three days before my wife get pregnancy test positive but now we are not ready for babe. we are planning to terminate but as we consult local Dr they told us that it is better to continue pregnancy but again we are able to take any decision whether we go with that or not. If we terminate what will be chances of any medical issue or future pregnancy.

Doctor Answers (4) on About abortion

Dr. Rita Bakshi Delhi | Gynecologist/Obstetrician
Hello, Firstly, stop taking medications without proper guidance. I would suggest not to terminate the pregnancy as it is your first one. If you end pregnancy, it may become difficult for you to conceive. However, if you are anxiou to abort the pregnancy, consult a gynecologist and follow the medication course as prescribed.
Dr. Swati Chitnis Mumbai | Gynecologist
Termination of pregnancy is associated with damage to lining of uterus which can cause difficulty in conceiving later. Since you are married, consider continuation of pregnancy. If not, see a gynaecologist for advise. Please do not take medications on your own. Consider contraception to avoid unplanned pregnancy in future
Dr. Mamta Pattnayak Gurgaon | Gynecologist
Hi, always 1st pregnancy should not be terminated. If still you dont want to continue the pregnancy then it can be terminated by medicine till 7 weeks.
If after 1 yr you r planning for pregnancy and not getting in one or 2 months then you become tensed and you always blame that you had one termination of pregnancy thats why its happening.
So if become pregnant continue it. If dont want go to gynaecologist again and under supervision take medicines.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
You should not take self medications because there will be no guarantee for complete expulsion of fetus,and if the fetus is developing in fallopian tubes you can rupture of the tubes....ultrasound helps to confirm abdominal pregnancy and complete abortion,retained product may cause sepsis and hemorrhage....Consult nearest gynecologists they will do the needful