Abnormal periods
My wife is having abnormal periods. Kindly assist. We dont want kids now. Recently we had unprotected sex, after dat her periods dint happen its been almost 50days now. Will it leads to pregnency
93 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 27 yrs exp Pune
Thank you for your question. If there have been no periods for 50 days it is important to do a pregnancy test. This needs to be done ideally with an early morning urine sample. If you have decided you do not want kids right now it would be important to discuss this with your gynaecologist who can help you decide what is best for you as there are several methods to choose from in addition to condoms. Your primary concern will be determining if your wife is pregnant or not and if she is what you would like to do. Your next steps will depend on a variety of factors including how far the pregnancy is and what options you have should you wish to terminate the pregnancy. My suggestion therefore is to first do a urine pregnancy test and see your gynaecologist with your needs for ongoing contraception that is effective and reliable. hope this helps
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.