Abnormal periods

My wife is having abnormal periods. Kindly assist. We dont want kids now. Recently we had unprotected sex, after dat her periods dint happen its been almost 50days now. Will it leads to pregnency

Doctor Answers (1) on Abnormal periods

Thank you for your question.
If there have been no periods for 50 days it is important to do a pregnancy test. This needs to be done ideally with an early morning urine sample.
If you have decided you do not want kids right now it would be important to discuss this with your gynaecologist who can help you decide what is best for you as there are several methods to choose from in addition to condoms.
Your primary concern will be determining if your wife is pregnant or not and if she is what you would like to do. Your next steps will depend on a variety of factors including how far the pregnancy is and what options you have should you wish to terminate the pregnancy.
My suggestion therefore is to first do a urine pregnancy test and see your gynaecologist with your needs for ongoing contraception that is effective and reliable.
hope this helps