Abnormal bleeding

I got my periods delayed by 10 days last month. Then it lasted for 10 days which otherwise lasts for 4-5 days only. After that I experienced very light spotting for the next few days. Then again I got my periods on the exact date when it occurred last month. The flow is comparatively more than the regular flow. Please help..really worried!

Hello there.., In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, mentrual irregularities occurs.. Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress. If the periods are delayed but regular in every cycle, then the chances are that the woman has a naturally long menstrual cycle and that this delay in her periods is normal for her