Abdomen scan

My abdomen scan says "Right renal pelvis prominent" - Is this a problem? What is the significance of this observation? Please advice.

Doctor Answers (2) on Abdomen scan

Dr. Ravindra Chhajed Pune | Diabetologist
Only scan report will not help in getting appropriate answer. Please add more details like Anny complaints,why scan was done, any medication, other lab reports if done. This will definitely give us some idea. Many a times prominence of pelvis may be anatomical variant.
Dr. Manaswini Mullapudi Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, it means an area called pelvis (a common area where all the small ducts in the kidney meet) in your right kidney is enlarged or distended. A common cause is hydronephrosis, where there is accumulation of urine in the kidney because there is some block to it's passage/drainage. You've not mentioned if you have a history of renal stones or severe abdominal pain, or any urinary complaints or why you were asked to take a scan, which would help in diagnosis, so its difficult to give any advice regarding the condition that caused this, but I hope it solved your doubt.