A pain in my tibia on leg

Hi doctor i have a pain in my legs in tibia n in side from so many days, i can walk properly but whenever i jump or play any sports it pains. Wat can it be . I dont have any idea, is it serious or just a sprain.

Doctor Answers (1) on A pain in my tibia on leg

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, where you are having pain whether it's on bony surface or over muscle? If on bony surface did you get any trauma or injury or hit by anything over it? If no or if you have pain over muscle, it could be due to strain due to excessive walking running, over rough surface or irregular surface, then no need to worry, Rest your legs to feel better. Ice helps. So can anti-inflammatory meds such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen, if your doctor says these are safe for you. You can buy them over the counter. You might want to see a orthopedician if the pain stays or any trauma or injury is present . Try not to do anything that makes your leg hurt more. Once it feels a little better, do some stretches. The next time out, wear comfortable, supportive shoes. And don't run on hard surfaces if possible.