5 year child - low vision

I have 5 year old son Rudra. He has low vision in his left eye. According to local doctors, he has weak left eye from birth.. because of that he cant see properly and not clearly. Doctors says his ratina is weak.. they have given us an exercise like.. we need to let child see only from bad eye mean left eye and right eye should be closed. My question is that . can we do something that he can see clearly again? Either eye replacement or operation for retina? If its possible then I can come there for checkup and further treatment. Please note that he is just 5 years old. Can we do operation? I am adding all documents .. My English is weak so may be I havent explain well but you can understand by reading these documents..

Doctor Answers (2) on 5 year child - low vision

Dr. Deepa Naik Ghaziabad | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Patching is treatment of choice for amblyopia. There is no surgery for correcting it.Regular use of glasses is recommended.  Go for regular follow up as advised.
Dr. Shishir Sood Ludhiana | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
The treatment of ur child is absolutely correct. This condition is know as Lazy eye or Amblyopia. In this due to difference in Number of both eyes, Left eye is gone amblyopic. Just continue wearing glasses as prescribed and lay more street on patching technique explained to u. If u do that properly then the vision of left eye will improve. But spectacles will continue.