29wk with fgr

I m 29 weeks preg n had my Doppler flow scan. My umbilical artery shows absent / reverse diastolic flow and ductus venosus s/d ratio of 5.37. My doctor recommends immediately delivery else fetus would die inside womb. But my concern is neonatal outcome (both short term n long term).  Will baby have normal life ahead.
views-icons 22 Views 2 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on 29wk with fgr

Thank you for your question.
I am sorry you are facing such a difficult decision. It is important that you have a detailed discussion with your obstetrician and the attending paediatrician regarding the delivery and outcomes for the baby once it is delivered.
Clearly, the risk of not delivering the baby is that it could die inside the uterus as its blood supply is severely impaired. Having delivered it is only the beginning of its struggle for survival. Any baby born this early runs several risks both short and long term. If it survives (this again depends on timing of birth, weight and condition at birth)it can run into health problems relating to any one or all of its organ systems. This can impact long term health too. This discussion is best done with the paediatrician who will look after your baby.
I'm really sorry there are no easy answers. It is s difficult judgement call.
wishing you all the very best
Dr. Hithysh BM Bangalore | General Physician
hello der if baby is not terminated
it will definitely lead to bad affects to the baby.......if delivered then atleast by giving supportive treatment baby can be saved so plz listen to your doctor.