2+ yr old girl scared of seeing a few pp
My 2 and half year old daughter, a very cheerful friendly playful, is extremely petrified seeing a few family members and friends right from the time she was about a year old. She doesn't like seeing them and expresses her displeasure even on hearing their names. Also I have observed that she doesn't like being touched by anyone other than me, her father and grandparents. Even if she shakes hands with someone,she withdraws her hand immediately. I just need advice on whether this is normal?

Hello, In the case of your daughter, there could be two possibilities why she is behaving that way. 1) Most children are shy by nature and take time to develop trust on other people, this is natural for her age. 2) If she is comfortable with outsiders but is petrified only of selected people, group of people, we need to find out what is it about them that bothers her.It could be something that they did earlier which made her feel uncomfortable. You could get her to visit a child psychologist to understand the reason behind it. Take care