10cms cyst in pelvis
A large cystic(10.7cms) lesion in the pelvis which is called as a chocolate cyst. I had a sever stomach pain on 16/9 for which doctor prescribed me some medicine and then asked to scan. the finding from the Ultra sound scan was a large cystic (10.7cms), lesion in the pelvis. Please advise if this has to be operated and removed immediately and will i be able to conceive otherwise or immediately after the cyst is removed.

Dr. Harisha N L

Hi there I understand your concern and anxiety...The chocolate cyst of ovary is due to endometrial cyst of ovary. It can cause difficulty in conception and ovulation. It is best to get the cyst removed laparoscopically with minimal damage to the ovarian tissue...and it will increase your chances of conception...Consult nearest gynecologists they will do the needful.