1 or 2 blood drops

Hello, My daughter sometimes drops 1-2 drops of blood during potty with pain. She is now 17 months old. Is it normal. kindly suggest.

Doctor Answers (2) on 1 or 2 blood drops

Hi, I need to know, is the drop of blood with hard motions or loose motions? How is the feeding of child? d vegetable or fiber content of diet? Many times kids of this age do not have enough fiber which can cause this problem. I would suggest increase her water content to at least 1 liter per day, ( according to WHO guidelines 2005). This should take in account all foods with water content also. So on an average say 3-4 glass (200ml). Try and check if you fulfill this, and also start 1 small carrot or cucumber a day. if no improvement in next 15 days visit your pediatrician. Disclaimer: This provisional advice provided by me stands subject to the actual examination of reports/image and is based entirely on inputs provided to me. It should be correlated with clinical findings
No it's not normal. She is having constipation. Get her to a pediatrician.