Itching around Vagina

I am experiencing itching concentrated around the vaginal opening, only. I don't have irritation or itching around anywhere, I.e., clitoral area etc. There is no abnormal discharge (color, smell, or quantity), just the regular wetness. No major irritation while urinating. Just major itching around the vaginal opening.

Doctor Answers (1) on <p>Itching around Vagina</p>

Thank you for your question
Itching around the vagina can be because of several reasons. Sometimes its an infection that needs to be seen on examination Other times it can be due to an allergy to latex in condoms and still other times it is a skin condition triggered by immunity issues. Sometimes the glands at the entrance to the vagina get inflamed and this is perceived as itching and soreness. Very often the itch scratch cycle becomes a trigger in itself and the condition continues to cause distress even after an infection etc is cured. Nutritional deficiencies in B vitamins, vit C and a number of minerals that support skin health can also result in the skin becoming sensitive. Even simple chemicals in sanitary towels or wipes or washes can trigger itching.
My suggestion would be to consult a doctor specialising in skin and DVD and if they suggest it a gynaecologist also. They will rule out conditions by examining you and doing certain tests. Generally even when you get better you will need to get advice about maintaining good perineal vulval health and using nutrition or supplements to support your skin's wellbeing.
best wishes