1. Can heat therapy treat lower back pain?
Application of heat pack after one to two days of an injury or starting of pain has been reported to relieve back pain in some people.
2. What are the warning sign in a lower back pain?
Warning signs in lower back pain are: (1) fever with back pain, (2) back pain after an injury, (3) loss of bladder or bowel function along with backache, (4) loss of strength in the legs and (5) sudden weight loss.
3. Are spondylosis and lower back pain related?
Spondylosis affects the neck or cervical area of the spine, whereas lower back pain occurs in the lower part of the vertebrae.
4. Can pregnancy cause lower back pain?
Yes, pregnancy may be a reason behind lower back pain. In the initial phase of pregnancy, ligaments of lower back and pelvis stretch and soften to prepare for labour pain. This put pressure on lower the backbones and joints causing backache.
5. Can surgery help permanently treat lower back pain?
In rare cases, lower back pain requires surgical treatment, and it can relieve some causes of the back pain permanently.