Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What are the sympotms of lower back pain?
Lower back pain at times affects the lower limbs. Other symptoms include muscle stretching, muscle strain and pain. There may also be numbness in the lower back region.
2. Can heat therapy treat lower back pain?
A heat therapy or heating pads may help relieve pain temporarily. It helps in reducing inflammation and relieves sore muscles.
3. What are the reasons of lower back pain?
Lower back pain could be attributed to various causes such as arthritis, spondylitis, spondylosis, fibromyalgia, certain cancers, pregnancy, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, kidney and bladder problems.
4. What are the warning sign in a lower back pain?
Persistent pain and in some cases numbness in the lower back area and legs is an indication of back pain.
5. What are the home remedies to relieve lower back pain?
Home remedies such as heating pads, hot showers, ice packs are commonly used. The RICE remedy which involves rest, ice, elevation and compression can be used for treating pain and sore muscles. Over the counter pain relievers may be taken.