Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. Soorya Ajay Rao

Dr. Soorya Ajay Rao

Profile is claimed


ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist


Head and Neck Surgeon

3 Years Experience Overall  (3 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

Dr. Soorya Ajay Rao is an Ear, Nose and Throat and Head and Neck Surgeon with special passion in Allergy diagnosis and management. After finishing my MBBS from Government Kilpauk Medical College, She did my ENT and Head and neck surgery post-graduation from Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Mandya. Further, she pursued my passion for allergic diseases by doing a Diploma in Allergy and Asthma from Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore in collaboration with International Asthma Services, Colorado, USA.

West Mambalam, Chennai

Respiratory Research Foundation of India


20/33, Lake View Road, Landmark: Near Mani Raja Mahal, Chennai

Get Directions

Mon - Fri

10:00 - 03:00
05:00 - 07:00


10:00 - 01:00


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist?

A: An ear-nose-throat (ENT) doctor specializes in the treatment of conditions related to the ear, nose, and throat. Otorhinolaryngologist is another name by which an ENT doctor is referred to. ENT is a branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders and conditions of the ear, nose, throat, and related areas of the head and neck.

Q: Is an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist and an Otorhinolaryngologist different?

A: Otorhinolaryngologist is a doctor who treats conditions related to the ear, nose and throat. The more commonly used name to refer to an otorhinolaryngologist is an ENT specialist. Any health conditions that involves the ear, nose and throat are treated by an ENT doctor.ENT doctors administer medication or do surgical procedures to correct any physical defects in these organs.

Q: Does one need a referral to consult an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist?

A: Generally, a person can consult an ENT specialist by taking a prior appointment. Those who have not booked an appointment can walk into the doctor’s clinic and wait in a queue for a consultation. In some cases, a patient may be referred to by another doctor or general physician to an ENT specialist. Such people may consult with a referral

Q: Should one consult an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist in case of sinusitis?

A: An ENT specialist deals with problems related to ear, nose, and throat. A chronic infection of the sinuses causes sinusitis. You may visit a primary care doctor for sinusitis problem, but an ENT is the final authority to treat the condition. The sinuses are interconnected parts to the ear and nose, so an ENT is the best for treating sinusitis.

Q: Should one consult an Ear-nose-throat (ent) Specialist in case of injury to head and neck?

A: When a person gets injured in the head and neck, the first doctor that handles the case may be a trauma specialist or a neurologist. An ENT specialist deals with ear, nose, and throat, and related areas of head and neck. For better clarity of the impact of the injury, diagnosis and treatment consultation with an ENT is required

Awards and Recognitions

National Talent Search Scholarship - 2003
4rth rank in MS ENT , Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka - 2017


MS - ENT - Adichunchangiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Mandya, 2017
MBBS - The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University (TNMGRMU), 2012


American Academy of Allergy Asthma Immunology


2017 - 2020 Consultant at Respiratory Research Foundation of india


98391 Tamil Nadu Medical Council, 2012
Report an Error
Contact Clinic to book appointment
Respiratory Research Foundation of India
West Mambalam
Due to lockdown you can call the clinic to check for doctor availability and appointment booking.