Dr. Aparna Bhat replied
1. Mr.Amit thanks for your feedback, first of all let me clarify that I'm not a spokesperson of any antiscar gel. I am neither a friend nor on their employees list. You had come to me asking for the BEST TREATMENT FOR MY BABY.. hence I had given you the best. At no time did you tell me that affordability was an issue.. If i had given a cheapest for scar probably you would be criticising for that too saying your babys precious face is too important..
2. Friendliness of the doctor.. On your first visit you complained about the first aid and treatment given to you by another doctor, at another Hospital in the vicinity. No doctor in Banaswadi area seems to satisfy your requirements as I can see you are also dissatisfied with the treatment given to you by my colleagues as well.
3. Your child was given all types of antiscar treatment..Namely 1.collagen dressings,2.antiscar heparin/allantoin combination gel, 3. silicone gel, 4.compression garment, etc.. inspite of all the scientifically known conservative treatments available to plastic surgeons if your child still develops a scar as a result of the burns wound, i offer further options or surgery.. If i straightaway offered you surgery i wonder what your response would be?? there is no need to review the result of said gel since the duration of application is 3-6 months to see visible change. I do not have a magic wand to wave and change a burnt face..
4. Any antiscar gel cannot CAUSE a hypertrophic scar, you had been warned at time of treatment that all deep burn areas will most likely scar,which is the universal rule and might require additional treatment if it does. You do not decide if the burn was simple or deep..
5. YOU were the one who carelessly spoilt your daughters face by spilling boiling hot sambhar,not any treating doctor. We have only given the best scientifically possible..
6. It occurred to me that at every visit you would google or do extensive online survey and go searching for some remote websites that sell products to use on your childs face..Well if google could give all treatments then what would be the need for doctors to spend time and energy to learn for several years. No one could be a pilot by reading up on google on how to fly a plane, neither a plastic surgeon..