Consulted Dr. Andrew Jaya Singh (Physiotherapist) for Physiotherapy for Neurological Disorders
I recommend the doctor
Happy with: Doctor friendlinessTreatment satisfaction
I had Bell’s palsy syndrome long years back. It is a form of temporary facial paralysis that can affect a person’s daily function, communication with others, and quality of life. After coming in consultation with Dr Andrew we come to know about it in detail and it’s causes too. It occurs when the nerve that controls movement on 1 side of the face becomes inflamed. Bell’s palsy usually begins with a sudden feeling of weakness on one of face. Dr Andrew was my physiotherapist taught me a series of facial exercises that strengthen the muscles in my face to improve their co-ordination and range of movement. His Physiotherapy treatments was excellent with patient in teaching me the steps of exercises , also has been successful for me with in two weeks period of time. He is well experienced person in this field.
My recovery rate is rapid as he taught me the following to do in a quick span of time .
• Facial exercises can be performed at home.
• we need to be patient, and work the muscles gently.
• Must go through the exercises not less than three times each day.
• Repetitions & frequency of exercises should be modified according to improvement status.
• Pay attention to the face while exercise – focus on watching and feeling what the good side is doing, and then mentally visualize it on the Bell’s palsy side and try to recreate it in tiny increments.
• Exercise in short sessions, but increase the frequency of exercises, more with quality.
I recall those movements, and would like to be more thankful as he saved my life to maintain my self esteem within short span of time genuinely.
Dr. Andrew Jaya Singh (PT) replied
Thank you mam