46 doctors available in Surat
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What are the common causes of vaginal infection?
Vaginal infection is mainly caused by the following reasons:
- Fungal infections
- Bacterial infections
- Vaginal atrophy
2. What symptoms are seen in vaginal infection?
Some of the indications shown by vaginal infection are as follows:
- Pain during micturition and sexual intercourse
- vaginal bleeding or discharge
- Vaginal itching along with redness
- Weakness and fatigue
3. Can vaginal infection be prevented?
Yes, vaginal infections can be prevented by undertaking following measures:
- Maintenance of good hygiene
- Use of condoms during sexual activity
- Wear cotton underwear
- Reducing stress through yoga
- Administration of a well-balanced diet
4. What are the risk factors for vaginal infection?
Risk factors for vaginal infection are as follows:
- Conditions in which there is a reduced immune system such as diabetes, HIV, use of steroids
- Use of antibiotics
- Oestrogen hormone therapy, birth control pills
5. Who should I consult for the treatment of vaginal infection?
A gynaecologist should be consulted for the treatment of vaginal infection. He/she will diagnose the fundamental cause and provide the appropriate treatment.