1. What are the causes of tinnitus?
The causes of tinnitus may be: (1) damage to delicate inner ear hair cell responsible for transmitting sound to the brain and (2) any disease or injury to auditory nerve or hearing centre of the brain.
2. Can neck muscle pain cause tinnitus?
Yes, long-term pain and discomfort in neck can lead to tinnitus because nerve endings in the neck have connection to hearing centre of brain.
3. When should you go to a doctor for tinnitus?
A person should consult a doctor if there is: (1) tinnitus after having a cold, (2) tinnitus without any known cause and (3) a person suffering from hear loss along with tinnitus.
4. Can tinnitus lead to deafness?
Tinnitus is very common in aged people and in most of the cases it is associated with the hearing loss.
5. Can acupressure help in treating Tinnitus?
Acupressure may be one of the effective treatments for tinnitus. This therapy targets the nerves present in head and brain to treat this disease.