1. Who treats ankylosing spondylitis?
Ankylosing spondylitis can be treated by a rheumatologist (who is specialised in arthritis and other rheumatic diseases) or physiotherapist.
2. Is the condition curable?
This condition has no cure, but treatments can reduce the symptoms and slow the progression of the ankylosing spondylitis.
3. Can I prevent ankylosing spondylitis?
There is no prevention for ankylosing spondylitis, but you can prevent any form of damage that can occur in the spine and other joints.
4. Can yoga cure ankylosing spondylitis?
Yes, yoga can cure pain caused by this disorder through gentle stretching exercise for relieving pain and increasing flexibility. It also relieves lower back pain.
5. Can I continue my regular sports and exercises if I am diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis?
Yes, you can continue your regular exercise if you are diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis. Regular exercise will help to reduce the pain and improve posture and range of spinal movement. It could prevent the spine from becoming stiff and painful.