1. What does a nutritionist/ Dietitian do?
A dietitian/nutritionist is a specialist who is trained to plan your meal depending up on your health and nutritional requirements. He/she can guide you about eating right food in right proportions to achieve your ideal health status and weight.
2. What is the difference between a Dietitian and Nutritionist?
A nutritionist that gets registered with Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) after qualifying a national level exam may legally declare themselves as dietitians or more precisely, registered dietitians (RDs).
3. How will a Dietitian/Nutritionist be helpful?
Dietitian/Nutritionist could be helpful in controlling bad food habits and planning a right diet to control your blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol levels and for achieveing and maintaining the right weight.
4. When do you need to see a dietician?
You can see a dietician when you are feeling the requirement to reduce or increase your weight or keeping a check on some disease.
5. What to expect on your first visit to a Dietitian/Nutritionist?
Dietitian/Nutritionist will analyse your medical history and medicines you take. He will assess how active you are. On the basis of all this data he will plan your meal according to your body requirements.