Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. Sarish Sharma

Dr. Sarish Sharma

Claim this profile

DNB - Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery, MBBS, Diploma in Orthopaedics



11 Years Experience Overall  (11 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

Dr. Sarish Sharma is a Orthopedist in Safdarjung Enclave, Delhi and has an experience of 11 years in this field. Dr. Sarish Sharma practices at Sukhmani Hospital in Safdarjung Enclave, Delhi and Sukhmani Hospital in Vasant Kunj, Delhi. He completed DNB - Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery from MAHARASHTRA UNIVERSITY in 2011,MBBS from Maharashtra Universtity of Health Sciences, Nashik in 2007 and Diploma in Orthopaedics from Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences, Loni in 2009. Some of the services provided by the doctor are: Musculoskeletal Pain Management,Wrist problems,Skeletal Muscle Therapy and Herniated Disc etc.

Safdarjung Enclave, Delhi

Sukhmani Hospital


B-7, Ext/126A, Safdarjung Enclave, Arjun Nagar, Landmark: Near Deer Park, Delhi

Get Directions

+ 2

Mon - Sat

11:00 - 01:00


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.



DNB - Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery - MAHARASHTRA UNIVERSITY, 2011
MBBS - Maharashtra Universtity of Health Sciences, Nashik, 2007
Diploma in Orthopaedics - Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences, Loni, 2009


4070 Delhi Medical Council, 2007
Report an Error