Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. S K Jena

Dr. S K Jena

Profile is claimed

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics



Joint Replacement Surgeon


15 Years Experience Overall  (15 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

Dr. S K Jena is a Orthopedist,Knee Surgeon and Joint Replacement Surgeon in Rohini East, Delhi and has an experience of 15 years in these fields. Dr. S K Jena practices at Vaishnavi Bone & Joint Clinic in Rohini East, Delhi. He completed MBBS from G B Pant Hospital / Moulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in 2000 and MS - Orthopaedics from University College of Medical Sciences & GTB Hospital, New Delhi in 2005. He is a member of Delhi Medical Council,Indian Medical Association (IMA) and Indian Orthopaedic Association. Some of the services provided by the doctor are: Joint Pain Treatment,Neck Pain Treatment and Lower Back Pain etc.

Rohini East, Delhi

Vaishnavi Bone & Joint Clinic

H-34/35, Ground Floor, Sector 3, Pocket H- 34., Landmark: Near Ayodhya Chowk, Delhi

Get Directions

+ 1

Mon - Sat

06:00 - 08:30


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.


MBBS - G B Pant Hospital / Moulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, 2000
MS - Orthopaedics - University College of Medical Sciences & GTB Hospital, New Delhi, 2005


Delhi Medical Council
Indian Medical Association (IMA)
Indian Orthopaedic Association


DMC/R/768 Delhi Medical Council, 2007
Report an Error