Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. Gulshan Kapoor

Dr. Gulshan Kapoor

Claim this profile

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics



32 Years Experience Overall  (27 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

Dr. Gulshan Kapoor is a Orthopedist in New Rajendra Nagar, Delhi and has an experience of 32 years in this field. Dr. Gulshan Kapoor practices at Ortho Clinic in New Rajendra Nagar, Delhi. He completed MBBS from University of Delhi in 1988 and MS - Orthopaedics from University of Delhi in 1993. He is a member of Delhi Medical Association (DMA).

New Rajendra Nagar, Delhi

Ortho Clinic

F-290, New Rajindra Nagar, Delhi

Mon - Sat

09:00 - 12:00
04:00 - 07:30


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.



MBBS - University of Delhi, 1988
MS - Orthopaedics - University of Delhi, 1993


Delhi Medical Association (DMA)


2013 - Present Senior Consultant at Bali Nursing Home
2005 - 2013 Senior Consultant at Kolmet Hospital
1996 - 2005 Senior Consultant at Fortis Jessa Ram Hospital


13839 Delhi Medical Council, 2001
Report an Error