Dr. Gulhima Arora replied
My dear Nazifa
Thank you for connecting.
1. You were diagnosed with acne when you first visited me, and were not misdiagnosed. You had an oily skin and we discussed why your skin felt dry at times.
2. You were prescribed oral retinoids(tretin) which is a hall mark for acne treatment world wide.
3. Unfortunately you had dryness with it, which is a known side effect of the medicine, and can become excessive in some patients.
4. In your next visit, we discussed this, and you were not prescribed any medicines, but only a moisturiser for acne prone skin.
5. When you started developing this problem, you had called me, but as I was traveling out of the country for a conference, we could not meet.
6. My assistant called you regarding the same and the moment I was back you were given an appointment, which you postponed once because you were tied up somewhere.
7. Microdermabrasion was an option discussed in your first visit, and it is a treatment for acne.
8. Please do not feel you were seen in a rush dear, as I see patients by appointments, and it was all your time then.
9. I think there is some misunderstanding here regarding many issues but every doctor wants their patients to get well soon and I’m glad you are better.
Take care, and thank you for your feed back.