Young Age Hypertension

I have hypertion from last year and I am under medications (Olemezest AM 40). I am 23 now. My doctors in Delhi,Bhubaneswar and Bangalore did many tests and found nothing unusual.They are telling it is essential hypertension. My BP after medication is in range of 120/85. Suggest me ways to take control of my health.

Doctor Answers (2) on Young Age Hypertension

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar Delhi | General Physician
1.Salt - This is the biggest culprit in BP. Reduce Salt. You can use little low sodium salt.

2.Pickles - They are loaded with salt and oils. Try to avoid Pickles as much as you can.

3.Exercise - 45 minutes of Aerobic exercise can do wonders to decreasing Bp. It works much more than the medicines.

4.Weight Reduction - If your Body Mass Index (BMI) is more than 23, that's the first thing you need to do. Cut down on the weight.

5.Fried and Oily Food - This is another big culprit that needs to be avoided.

6.Canned Food - it's loaded with salt, please avoid it.

7.Fresh Fruits and Vegetables- That would probably be the best diet to counter BP.

8.Alcohol - Cut down on Alcohol for a long term Bp Control and general good health.

9.Smoking leads to hardening of arteries and play a big role in high BP.Cut this crap.

10.Stress free life - Do yoga , mediations etc. It relieves anxiety and fear , lowering BP.

Lipid Profile
Relax and Mediatate
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.......yoi have to restrict salt in your diet.. Anxiety ,worry, can increase blood pressure by increasing sympathetic activity..... If its essential HTN you have to take medications... Your blood pressure is under control under medicine... Do yoga and meditation ........