Yellow urination

Since 2 months my urine is deep yellow in colour..what can be the reason behind it?is it because of glyciphage tab that i take?

Doctor Answers (2) on Yellow urination

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. The yellow urine indicates a lot of things like even if you are not taking enough water, the urine can be yellow. As said by my colleague, if you are on any multivitamin also it can be yellow. Have you started noticing after taking the glyciphage tablet or was OK in the past with the tablet also? Urinary tract infection can also cause a dark coloured urine. Here is what you can do, drink upto four litres of water a day and get a urine complete test done. Consult a physician in case it doesn't get solved by taking lots of fluids. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Manju Lihala Bangalore | General Physician
If you are taking vitamin tablets then it can cause yellow urine. Drink 3 to 4 litres of water everyday . If even after this you pass yellow urine then consult a doctor.