Xcess hair loss n dandruf

I am having acute dandruff since past 1 and half years. And I think because of this reason only I am having excessive hairfall that my volume of hair has been decreased to less than half. I have taken alopathy, homeopathy treatment but can't get rid of it. Please help me out.

Doctor Answers (1) on Xcess hair loss n dandruf

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
The nature of your problem is unclear. There are quite a few types of treatment that effectively control dandruff. I need to know all the medicines you have used. You may also be suffering from scalp psoriasis which need to be treated differently. If it is regular dandruff u will need ketoconazole shampoos and probably a short course of oral ketoconazole. Applying oil will also worsen dandruff. You will need an examination by a dermatologist to find out what the problem is exactly. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore